Saturday, November 05, 2011

Huffington Post explores SOURTOE COCKTAIL CLUB!


This week, the Huffington Post went deep into my new memoir, THE SOURTOE COCKTAIL CLUB, the true story of my extraordinary road trip to the Yukon with my teenage son Matt to find the infamous cocktail containing a mummified human toe.

"Fathers and sons traditionally bond over a shared experience -- hunting, fishing, playing catch -- but it's highly unusual for that familial moment to involve sucking on a dead man's toes," wrote HuffPo's David Moye.

Moye's story went on the detail the journey as well as the final encounter with the dead digit at Dawson City's Sourdough Saloon, home of the Sourtoe Cocktail. The story was also my son Matt's initiation into the mass media ... his first interview by a major outlet!

"Meanwhile, Matt Franscell, who is finishing up a history degree at the University of Nebraska, looks back fondly on the time he 'toed' the line with his Dad," Moye wrote. "'When my friends find out I did this, I have to tell the entire story,' he told The Huffington Post. 'I didn't realize when I did it, how important it really was.'"

~~~~~~
THE SOURTOE COCKTAIL CLUB, just published, is now available at all bookstore in the real world and online. An ebook version is also available for Kindle, Nook and other formats.

1 comment:

buy domain names said...

It was good to go read your trip for the cocktail..Well written..