Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Sex in Class: Cellphones illegal ... hump happens

Last weekend, Under The News reported that two 13-year-old eighth graders at Houston's Crockett Middle School engaged in "a sex act" in class after the teacher stepped out. Few details on the whole affair have been released, so I went to the school's website to see what news, if any, might be brewing.

Nothing. Maybe if they ignore it, it'll just go away.

BUT ... in light of the salacious extracurriculars, I was amused by a short article basically asking, "Is Your Child Ready for Middle School?" It said, in part:

"Good work management and organizational skills are essential for balancing the load and minimizing the stress. For some students, organizational skills come naturally, but for most, they must be learned. While there is little classroom time to assess and train students in work management skills, here are some ideas for how you can help your students be prepared."
Hmmm. I guess there's slightly more classroom time than this writer expected .... and those "essential skills" come in handy when the teacher steps out of the classroom.

But if 13-year-old kids can snatch a quickie when the teacher isn't looking, I'd say middle school isn't ready for THEM!

1 comment:

Ivy said...

13! 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My oldest is 8. I dread to think of her thinking about anything sexual at 13. I'm not going to be stupid enough to claim it doesnt happen or "not my child" but i'll do my best to see that it doesnt.. Oye.. 13! WTH? Its a parents night mare thats for sure!