Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Quote of the Day: Batteries not included

Alabama bans the sale of sex toys. A lawsuit seeking to declare that ban unconstitutional reached the U.S. Supreme Court this week ... and the justice refused to hear it. That means Alabama's ban stands and sex-toy sellers are getting the shaft (ahem): They face criminal charges if the cops decide to strike a blow for decency. And since Alabama cops have thwarted all murders, rapes and robberies, I imagine a massive raid on Montgomery sex shops will happen in, oh, the next few hours.

But at least one vendor isn't going down so easily. She was quoted as saying:

"My motto has been they are going to have to pry this vibrator from my cold, dead hand."

To read the whole sordid tale, click here.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Brava! I spent several years in Alabama when I was a kid. Of course that was when s-e-x was not spoken in polite company. Now whenever I see that commercial featuring the womans' party I have to laugh cause I know what they are selling and they want us to join the fun. I'd rather not be raided by the DPS.