Monday, September 10, 2007

Habitat for Dogmanity: A woof over their heads


I've spent the past three weekends building a dog house. Or more appropriately, a dog duplex for my two overgrown pups.

Of course, they will only go near it when I put a treat inside. For lounging -- which they do superbly -- they prefer the cool, wet earth under the deck.

This duplex actually fits the two fuzzy lugnuts perfectly, but I purposely made it spacious. I never know when I might have to spend the night on their couch.

5 comments:

SingingSkies said...

When are you going to hook up the a/c? I'll bet that brings them into their new digs, and would sure be a whole lot more comfortable whenever you end up on their couch. *chuckle*

Ron Franscell said...

I've already taken some "heat" for installing "human" air-conditioning registers for ventilation! Can you imagine how "warm" it might get if I put in a swamp cooler!

SingingSkies said...

Actually, I thought the "human" vents were rather creative. But if it might get too "warm" for a swamp cooler, guess I'd hold off on its installation too. Or I'd at least wait until padding and mosquito netting had been installed.

Ivy said...

they need some padding in there! LOL

Ron Franscell said...

Padding! Yes! Great idea. That way, when I have to ... I mean, when they have to lounge on the floor, it'll be comfortable.