Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Goin' Cajun: Louisiana book events

Down here in these parts, we don't tell blonde jokes. We tell Cajun jokes that usually star a couple characters named Thibodeaux and ... Thibodeaux.

But I love Cajuns. Full of spice and passion. A beautiful accent. And great food. And this weekend, I'll be in the heart of Cajun bayou country for a book-signing and (I hope) a lunch with a bunch of real Cajun authors.

I'll join the conversation with the Bayou Writers Group from 10 a.m. to Noon on Saturday at the Carnegie Library in Lake Charles, La. (By the way, the president of the Bayou Writers Group is Pam Thibodeaux.)

And then from 2-4 p.m., I'll be signing books for the public at the Books-a-Million store, also in Lake Charles (2934 Ryan Street, 337-436-3577) CANCELED! Some kid named Thibodeaux at this big ol' chain bookstore forgot to order the books!

Somewhere in between, I hope I can make at least one crawfish's sacrifice worth his reasonably brief and muddy life.

1 comment:

SingingSkies said...

Hey! Don't forget Boudreaux!