Tuesday, November 14, 2006

New gallery at RonFranscell.com

As we prepare to launch my new book, "FALL: The Rape and Murder of Innocence in a Small Town," we've posted a new gallery of photos at my web site. Stop in and take a look at the slideshow of snapshots of "the writer's life" from the past 5 years. Everything from my reporting in the Middle East to last month's trip to Panama.

When the book tour begins, I'll be blogging from the road. I thought it'd be kind of cool to offer a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the "glamorous" life of an author basking in the glow of his adoring fans (both of them!) ... as well as the hell-bent-for-leather schedules of signings, interviews, laundry, cocktail control and hotel beds. Plus photos. Oh, you'll love it. Words and photos will be posted daily Dec. 1-10 at FALL, a blog set up especially for this new book. Bookmark it, link to it and return often.

(God, the narcissism of book promotion ... )

5 comments:

lilfeathers2000 said...

Thanks will check it out.

Anonymous said...

Ron,
best of luck with the tour, I'll try to follow the new blog.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are sooooo looking forward to the experience. *chuckle* Glad it's you and not me!

Ron Franscell said...

I actually love book-signings and events. It eliminates all the middle-men in this craft: agents, editors, publishers, printers, salespeople, publicists and booksellers. It's just me and readers, as it should be.

But the whole process is not as glamorous as many people think. Watch the blog and you'll see! There'll be moments of serendipity and delight ... and long periods of agitation, unexpected gaffes and, toward the end, exhaustion.

Oh, the fun!

Anonymous said...

Ron: I was pleasantly surprised to receive a postcard in the mail announcing your new book. Since we are both close friends of Sister Mary Margarita, I'm sure she's thrilled for you too. Mendingwal wishes you all the best