Thursday, March 09, 2006

Barking up the wrong tree

I just came back from the supermarket, where I was buying my dog Cagney a new bag of dog food. Among the brands was a "new" one: Disney's "Old Yeller" dog food.

It's bad enough that we now have fictional animal spokesmen endorsing products for animal consumers. But who, I wondered, wanted their dog to be just like Old Yeller ... a rabid mutt who had to be shot just to avoid a gruesome and painful death?

Yeah, that's what I want for Cagney.

What's next, Macavity Mouse Toys? Jaws' Goldfish Food? Cujo Chewbones?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OT - Ron, did you see the latest article on Laura's CLEWS site? I'll definitely have to pick up your book.

Ron Franscell said...

Thank you. That offocially means I'll sell at least one book ... my mother still hasn't committed because she is angling for a discount.